A mere 8 months later, sop’s Full Sail gansey is done!
Bloß 8 Monaten später, der Full Sail Gansey ist fertig!
- Beth Brown-Reinsel: Design your own Gansey
- Brown Sheep Wool: NatureSpun Worsted in Butterscotch
- 2.0-3.0mm (many bent and broken beyond recognition)
- A pattern based solely on changes. Used split welt with doubled yarn on 2.25mm needles to start. Graduated the ribs on the side to the ribs going up the sides to the gussets. Used neck gussets as well. Notice the ribs going all the way from the neck to the cuff? Not as easy as one might first think. One cuff is done with single yarn on 2mm needles and the other with doubled yarn on 2.25mm needles – we’ll see which lasts best
- Full Sail’s Old Boardhead Barleywine Ale. Supplied by sop, an excellent match for a fishing sweater. High Octane as well.