thursday night i declared the kumihimo braid officially long enough! Then friday night i added a bit more, just in case. Glued and wrapped the ends, after running to the library to get a better description than “wrap the ends in the traditional fashion” and fabric-glued the end-threads. (I didn’t really find a better description by the way, it is probably just my own insecurity that made this a daunting task). Saturday, sop attached the end clamps with E6000 glue and sunday night the necklace went out on the town.
the braid will most likely stretch from the weigh of the platinum ring, so i have an extra clasp set for that time, when i will re-wrap the ends at the correct length and cut off the remainder.
i’m also looking forward to re-doing the clasp. i am not quite happy with the plentitude of residual glue.
If you are looking into kumihimo, i made this braid using the plate and disk book and disk available from braidershand. Janis is extremely helpful and knowledgeable and i would definitely recommend braidershand as a resource and supplier. I will probably make a few more braids on the plate and disk before i contemplate purchasing a marudai, but i really enjoyed making this braid once i got the trials (and HUGE errors) done.